What is it?
Coffee Behind The Scenes is the name of a coffee journey around the world.
During 365 days, we (Alice & Nicolas) will be travelling in 12 coffee producing countries from 4 different continents with the following objectives:
- To understand the particularities of value chain in producing countries around the world.
- To share information both in producing and consuming countries.
- To catch the attention of the public and professionals on concrete problems, on the necessity to add value to the product and the work behind.
- To encourage projects of collaboration between the different protagonists of the value chain.
How do we do that?
- Following the work of coffee producers in the world, listening to their history and their experience with coffee.
- Talking with coffee producers, exporters and experts to identify problems, needs and challenges of the sector.
- Sharing information with professionals and public at large through chronicles in this blog and videos (youtube)
Who are we?
Coffee passionate that started working into the Specialty Coffee industry in 2014, willing to understand better the coffee scenario over the world as well as the core link existing between humans and coffee.
She'll be preparing the ground for the investigation: looking for the contacts at origin, learning on the coffee issues at stake in each country visited and over the world, preparing and performing interviews. She'll also be taking care of the blog to, writing the chronicles and publications on the blog and social network.
Engineer, web and app developer, passionate about theater (actor and director), photos and videos making, Nico will follow the project behind the camera lens. He will be all together our technical manager, cameraman, lighting and sound engineer as well as video editor.
So that's the duo working on Coffee Behind The Scenes. Each of us with its passion, each of us with it's tasks but always working together form the first clap to the final cut.